It’s citrus season here in Phoenix! Farmers’ markets and roadside stands are overflowing with oranges, grapefruit, and lemons (so is my Instagram feed).
- You can order online from The Orange Patch, which will ship across the U.S.
- You can pick your own at Agritopia Farm.
- Or go to the Farm at South Mountain for fresh squeezed juice.
California Citrus Historic State Park in Riverside, which we’ve enjoyed visiting when we’re in Southern California, currently has extended hours for the season and special events like a harvest tasting on February 26.
The Pasadena Farmers’ Market lists lemons, navel oranges, grapefruit, tangerines, and tangelos as being in season right now. (When I was there this summer, it was piles of peaches and pecks of peppers.)
On the theme of citrus…
- Recipes for different types of citrus.
- Citrus fruit pattern by Anika Starmer, as part of her daily pattern project.
What’s in season where you are?